Guidelines for Book Submission
- You must be SPEAKING in a Lecture or Workshop at the Feb 2024 Conscious Life Expo. If you are scheduled to speak but for some reason aren't able to attend, you will be disqualified from winning an award.
- You can only submit one book into the contest. You can not submit the same book that was in the 2023 Book Awards. The Deadline for Submissions is November 15, 2023.
- You must supply a photo of the book cover, a synopsis of the book- 75 words or less, an author headshot and bio, 50 words or less. Also please provide a link to purchase the book. Please fill out this FORM.
- Prizes will be awarded LIVE at our Saturday night Award Ceremony. We request you be present to receive your award.
- Voting will start on December 1st 2023 and end on February 1st, 2024. We ask that you donate 2 signed copies of your book to the Conscious Life Expo to promote during the weekend.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release. There is no publication date restriction. You can submit your book to our contest even though it was published a long time ago.
- All approved submissions will be featured on our website on a dedicated Contest Page.
- The book entry with the highest votes at the end of the voting period will be declared the winner (authors and readers are allowed to vote once). We will have a first, second and third place winner as well as other prizes. Top 3 winners will receive a small trophy as well as a cash prize.
- Cash Prizes:
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $300
- 3rd Place - $100
- You can reach out to your audience to vote, share on social media and promote however you see fit, but each person can only vote once.
If you have any other questions, please email Kristine Augustyn at firstname.lastname@example.org